Every now and then, we end up in a place where we are not quite sure where we are. It’s like plugging in an address in your GPS and going through your step-by-step route guidance, when your navigation system says, “You have reached your destination.” You look to the right and to the left and realize this is not where you are supposed to be.
When course-altering situations come, we must remember:
1) Who is in control? (Stop and breathe a word of prayer.)
2) To respond the way God would have us respond. I Thessalonians 5:18 says: In everything, give God thanks for it is His will working in you.
- When we give thanks, we affirm God’s rightful place in our lives!
- It says to our Sovereign God, “You’re the One who orders our steps!”
- It says to our Father, “You are the one who knows the beginning, the end and everything sandwiched in between!”
- Giving thanks says, “God, you know what you are doing and I trust you!”
You see, it is our Father that will lead us and guide us when technology or our own efforts fail.
One Saturday, my daughter Crystal and I were on our way to my friend Rebecca’s son Joshua’s wedding. I plugged in the address into my GPS. The navigator took us to the middle of nowhere and said, “You have reached your destination.” We looked at each other, then looked to our right and left. We were clearly not at Elevation Baptist Church. Not sure what to do, I started this conversation to God in my head, asking for His direction and wisdom because we were clearly lost and I did not want to miss the wedding. All of a sudden, I began to drive. I got to the main street and saw a huge sign on the corner that said Elevation Baptist Church, with an arrow pointing us in the right direction. That is what I call divine intervention! That was God’s way of getting us back on course when our human efforts and technologies failed.
I know I am not the only one who gets turned around from time to time. But I want you to remember that even in those times, your steps are being ordered by God, especially when your life is in His hands. Your Heavenly father knows the way you should go and He knows how to get you there. Don’t underestimate the power you have in prayer and seeking Him daily. Life is so beautiful when it is securely placed in God’s hands!